With everything going mobile and with social media more important than ever – it’s time to stop worrying only about traffic or SEO and start focusing on social shares.
This is also an important one because people are involved: they’re actively searching the hashtags, they want to post something in support. There aren’t many days where people really want to share your content – this is one of them. You’ve got to capitalize on it. See below for some of the content we created for IWD.
Stories would be great for this one – maybe not an interactive template – but simply something that marks St. Patricks Day. Points if it’s funny! Here’s a few examples of what I have up my sleeve:
You can’t really relate to some anonymous bigwig – people like buying from the small business owner, someone they feel like they know. So days like Puppy Day can be a great way to show off an element of your personal life. For example, check out MY amazing puppy, Hank:
– Funny dog photos or dog memes.
– A quote image with a quote about dogs. Below are a few that I love:
- “Everything I know I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
- “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
- “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
Betcha didn’t know Waffle Day existed. It’s actually a Swedish holiday – but I’m in because I don’t need an excuse to indulge in some waffles + syrup. Again, this could be a good chance to show off your personality.
A REALLY important tip: some of you might be thinking “well my brand isn’t like this” or “my community won’t benefit from something like this” – you can always ADAPT it to fit your style. For example, use them as prompts. If you’re a graphic designer, show off your design skills with a Waffle Day inspired design. If you are trying to get custom logo clients, make a sample logo design for a made-up Waffle House to show off your skills. Same goes for web design or branding. There are ways to incorporate these ideas into your business!